Jennifer Lucore is here to share her pickleball adventures, playing tips, tournaments from around the world, and of course, share the fun!
Jennifer is a professional pickleball player, a global ambassador, and a 2019 Inductee into the Pickleball Hall of Fame (Yep, there is such a thing 🙂 it’s news) and USA Pickleball historian. Her numerous GOLD medal championships include 17-time USAPA Nationals, 11-time Canadian Nationals, 6-time Huntsman World Senior Games, 6-time International Tournaments, 4-time Tournament of Champions, and many golds at the US Open Pickleball Championships and pro tours. She is also known to have her sidekick, doubles partner, Alex Hamner around her, for together they have achieved 5 USA Open/Pro National Championships (2011 – 2014, 2016).
In March 2018 she coauthored, with her mom, the sport’s first-ever history book: The History of Pickleball – More Than 50 Years of Fun!
Jennifer Lucore is the sport’s first “sponsored” pickleball player. In 2012 she was “sponsored” to play for Pickle-Ball Inc. of Seattle, WA. At that time there were a few players that could also be considered sponsored although they (or their parents) had ownership of a paddle or ball manufacturing company.
Jennifer is an influencer, an international pickleball blogger and continues to help pickleball grow by currently volunteering:
- USA Pickleball Ambassador at Large (since June 2015)
- Pickleball Magazine – Board Member and Around The Post column co-contributor
- USA Pickleball Historian. Assisting the media with their research of pickleball history (got to make sure they get it right! and yes, the sport was named after the dog Pickles)
- International Pickleball Teaching Professional Association (IPTPA) – Founding member
2023 Titles off the court:
- Board of Director – Naples Pickleball Center (“Pickleball Capital of the World”)
- Board of Director – Naples JBB UNITED, the first team of the new senior (age 50 and better) league – National Pickleball League
Watch and hear Jennifer through the years at Pickleball Videos and Podcasts and a few more:
- Reasons to be Cheerful Podcast – A Whole New Ball Game, October 2022, Start at minute 10.20
- Eddie and Webby Podcast – June 2020
- International Zoom Call – June 2020
- The Pickleball Show Podcast (“First Lady of Pickleball” per Chris Allen) Interviews Part 1 Part 2
Jennifer Lucore’s first exposure to pickleball was in 2007 when she was vacationing with her family and met up with her parents, Bob and Bev Youngren, in Bend, OR, for a fun family tournament. There she saw how all ages can compete and have a great time together. She attended the very first USAPA Nationals in 2009 for a mini-vacation, and to just watch her parents compete. In 2010 she started playing and from there caught the love and passion for the game and the people that play.
Through pickleball, Jennifer has been able to teach, travel and meet new friends all around the USA; and internationally in Canada, the Caribbean, Costa Rica, Japan, Mexico, The Netherlands, Europe, Spain, Singapore, and Thailand. In 2022 she resumed travel to Malaga, Spain and in 2023 heads back to Madrid, Spain.
Her personal life: married with two daughters, and a SENIOR pickleball professional (pickleball senior is age 50+) Woohoo! Her hometown courts are Melba Bishop Park in Oceanside, CA. Read more about Jennifer’s accomplishments here!