Only days away until USAPA Pickleball Nationals VI begins in Buckeye, AZ, ARE YOU READY? Do you have everything you need?
Nationals is a big deal and being there in person to take it all in is the best. Last year’s Nationals was the largest pickleball tournament in the history of our sport – some event highlights included: 594 players participated, 28 courts, 1,677 matches, players from 39 States and 5 countries, and more than 300 volunteers made it all happen!
Here is your Nationals VI check list:
- Paddles (at least 2 – or buy one there) Make sure you have your name on your paddles
- Sweat towel
- Water bottle
- A second drink with electrolytes
- Hat & sunglasses
- Sweat-proof sunscreen
- Lip protectant with SPF
- Extra pair of socks and shoes
- Extra clothing if you sweat a lot or there is a weather change
- Jacket, sweatpants
- Sandals or flip flops (let your feet rest at end of play)
- Anti-inflammatory medicine (ibuprofen, etc.)
- Topical pain relieving creme
- Food, snacks – no store nearby, and you might have to share with friends who forgot
- Small rolling ice chest with your goodies – save your arm for play.
- Ice pack (World’s Best Ice Pack to make yourself )
- Folding chair
- Music / iPod / earplugs
- Camera (remember to capture the moments)
- Bag / tote to carry it all
- Your ID for check-in
- Cash or a credit card to support the vendors
- Notepad to record your new pickleball pals’ info
- Your game, your game face and a BIG smile
HAVE FUN…. ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE!