Posted: 3/2015 | March 2015
Come with me to play pickleball in Madrid, Spain this summer! I know you love pickleball so throw in 9 action-packed days of a VIVA SPAIN pickleball tour and FUN will be had by all!
Here is a brief description of our itinerary:
- Sept 16 – Day One – Arrival at Madrid-Barajas International Airport, transfer to your hotel, explore on your own, Bienvenido Welcome Reception at the hotel with dinner. (Yay made it to Madrid)
- Day Two – Some pickleball in the morning, then a guided walking tour of “Old Madrid” explore and dine at “Plaza Santa Ana” a historical square where we enjoy a fiery evening of Spanish dance and music! (dance and music, FUN)
- Day Three – Tour Prado Museum and play pickleball
- Day Four – International Pickleball Tournament – YES, how cool it that!!! You will be able to play in an International Tournament (I am so excited! Just to be able to say you were there and competed – priceless!)
- Day Five – Repeat Day Four (still smiling)
- Day Six – Luxury coach ride to Toledo, tours
- Day Seven – Coach ride to El Escorial, Segovia, and more. Full day
- Day Eight – pickleball, tour the Royal Palace and more. “Hasta Luego Fiesta” celebration and farewell dinner. (You know I’ll be taking more pictures!)
- Day Nine – Depart to your next journey (I’ll be off to explore the Mediterranean Sea)
The tour will have a maximum of 35 people and at the time of this blog post – March 16, there are only 8 spots left.
My dad (Bob Youngren) and I will be the “teaching pros” during the September 16 – 24, 2015 tour. We are both looking forward to teaching pickleball to YOU. Where else can you get hands-on training from two top players. Get pointers on how to improve your playing technique, shot selection, strategy, mental game, and much more.
Here is a friend’s testimonial from her experience on a similar tour last summer:
“Out of the ballpark trip! When I signed up for the trip, I had no idea who Mike Hess was…but my good friend, Audrey Phillips, assured me he was going to do a first class trip and I would be happy. Fast forward to my first day in Madrid, at the Pickleball courts and meeting Mike for the first time. Mike greeted me with a smile that went from ear to ear…and that smile remained for the rest of the trip. Every detail of our 9 days together was perfectly planned and orchestrated and each day just got better and better. The hotel he chose was fantastic…well located, central to everything and easy to find with the most amazing and delicious breakfast buffet (including an Espresso machine in each hotel room). There was the perfect blend of Pickleball, with touring all the important sights in Madrid and other famous cities such as Toledo and Segovia. We had cultural events that were the top of the mark, including the National Ballet, Flamenco dinner show, tours of the Prado and the National Palace, dinners in typical restaurants, tapas, and a going away party complete with medals for all, flamenco guitar, dancing and more. Mike was always there to give us suggestions for our free time or to take us to his favorite places. Going back to the Pickleball part of the trip…the Spaniards we played with in Madrid, became our friends and you could see how much they all loved Mike. He was at the courts early every morning, preparing things so that when we got there everything was perfect for us. This is a trip to remember for a lifetime and new friends to meet again and again.”