As many of us have been witness to, Trader Joe’s has amazing, healthy products that are perfect snacks and meals on and off the pickleball court!
I took a poll from pickleball friends all over the country, and compiled this list of their favorite Trader Joe’s items for a healthy breakfast, delicious dinner, or guilt-free snack! Now creating a list is tough because there are so many favorites – Players love the common items such as: tuna, cheeses, nuts, kale, wine and eggs (btw some say Trader Joe’s has the best and cheapest eggs).
First on the list, my personal favorite, their packaged steam lentils mixed with fresh bruschetta and feta! It is a delicious post-play snack with pita chips, or over a fresh salad. This is also one of Alex Hamner’s favorite, we pack it in the ice chest for those tournament doubles days. And another favorite of mine is Just a Handful: Almonds, Cashews & Chocolate, comes in individual packages which is great to have in your pickleball bag.
Enjoy Pickleball Players favorite Trader Joe’s items!
- Frozen Steel Cut Oatmeal – Jan Lewis
- Vanilla or maple pecan granola cereal – Christine McGrath
- Frozen Chocolate Croissants
- Apple-Smoked Cooked Bacon, for morning protein and no nitrates! – Bill Gunning
- Rice Cakes with Almond Butter
- Seasonal Gazpacho with Diced Avocados
- Boneless, Skinless Mackerel with Fire-Roasted Veggie Crackers – Bill Ritchie
- Southwestern Chicken Popper’s
- Falafel Sandwitch – Wes Gabrielsen
- Organic Vegetarian Chili
- Organic Tuscan Kale – Pat Nissan
- Organic Pesto, Broccoli, and Tomato Pizza
- Sriracha BBQ Chicken
- Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets – Jonathan Blake
- Steamed Lentils, Fresh Bruschetta and Feta – Tonja Major
- Mediterranean Hummus with Reduced- Guilt Pita Chips
- Organic Olive Oil Popcorn – Mario Najera
- Corn and Chile Tomato-less Salsa
- Coconut Water Cartons
- New Zealand Dried Apples and Unsulfured Dried Mango – Bill Ritchie
- Spinach and Kale Greek Yogurt Dip
- Sunflower Seed butter, lots of nutrients – Jennifer Lucore
- Anything with dark chocolate!
- Mochi Ice Cream
- Triple Ginger Snaps
They also have some awesome fall and pumpkin-flavored products to enjoy over the holidays- the pumkpin raviolis and pumpkin mochi ice cream are a must-try!
Find more Trader Joe’s Recipes here!
1 thought on “Pickleball Players’ Favorite Trader Joe’s Items”
Great list of foods, so many new ideas for me to try. Thanks jennifer for all the helpful tips.